Train Simulator and Territory Familiarization Tool
The Train Simulator and Territory Familiarization Tool is a PC-based platform which runs in a Microsoft Windows DirectX environment, the same environment used by all PC computer games on the market today. For training purposes, this Train Simulator is an excellent tool because its rich graphical environment creates a level of immersion and realism which keeps the users attention and improves their ability to learn their trade with the locomotives they will run, and the territory on which they will operate. The primary role of this tool is to provide territory familiarization, rules training, and train handling. It is a highly portable solution, and it functions very well on high-end desktop and laptop PCs.
The platform is inexpensive, and comes at a very competitive price, with licensing which permits deployment on several workstations. With the costs of on-the-job training ever increasing, our Train Simulator and Territory Familiarization Tool can help reduce your training costs, save fuel, and improve the knowledge of your workforce.
- Territory specific familiarization, including actual geography, physical characteristics, time table specifications, special instructions, signal recognition and compliance, and time table speeds/slow orders
- Includes all grades, curvature, signal placement/ identification, mile posts, stations, controlled locations, railway crossings at grade and other clearly identifiable locations
- OCS/TWC (dark territory) identifiable locations
- ABS/CTC (signaled territory) operations
- Weather variables, including day and night operations in rain, snow, and fog
- Actual locomotive performance characteristics( EMD and GE locomotives); other makes are possible as well
- Freight train scenarios, including empty/loads, long/short, and mixed, bulk unit, and intermodal
- Passenger train scenarios, including station stops, on time train handling methods, changing ends, brake tests
- Train handling and braking, including positive correction methods and parameters for safe train operations
- Excellent tool for training engineers/operators: territory familiarization, control stand familiarization, time/distance judgment, eminent danger of making contact familiarization, highway/rail crossing familiarization
- Real life situations to build confidence in critical incident train handling methods and procedures; before and after incident.
- Reduces on-the-job training by 25%
- Can simulate any territory if customer desires, territory specific special instruction and operating procedures, reaction time and stopping distances, safety critical events and engineer compliance.